DATA PROTECTION POLICY
Last update: 25th MAY 2018
Our philosophy and our commitments
VELECTA PARAMOUNT pays particular attention to safeguarding and ensuring the integrity of your personal data and to respecting your rights. We take great care to ensure a high level of protection for your personal data in accordance with European Regulation No. 2016/679 and French data protection law no. 78-17. You can find the text of the applicable European Regulation here: https://eur-lex.europa.eu, or visit the website of the regulatory authority at the following address: www.CNIL.com.
This version of the personal data policy may be amended by us and will apply as amended from the date of its communication.
Your data controller: VELECTA PARAMOUNT
The personal data collected on the WWW.VELECTA-PARAMOUNT.COM website or during your exchanges with our departments are processed by VELECTA PARAMOUNT, domiciled at ZAC de la Grange – 41200 ROMORANTIN-LANTHENAY – FRANCE, registered with the Paris RCS business register under number 300 460 011.
Your personal data and its collection by us
Your personal data is collected during your visit and activity on our website (discovery of our products, orders, visits etc.) and when communicating (orders, exchanges of contractual documents etc.) with our departments.
We adhere strictly to the principle of personal data minimisation and we do not collect any data not necessary for the purpose of the processing mentioned at the time of collection or below.
The compulsory nature of certain personal data is indicated at the time of collection. Requests requiring mandatory personal data that has not been provided cannot be processed.
We may process the following personal data about you:
- Data relating to your identity and contact data: title, surname, first name, date of birth, nationality, home address, delivery and billing address, telephone number (landline and mobile), email address;
- Data relating to your orders and their execution: orders placed, delivery information, customer history, payment tracking, bank details;
- Data relating to your browsing of our website: usernames, password, IP address, your browsing path, elements tracking your programs, your product preferences and cookies; to learn more about our policy on cookies, tracking cookies and collection systems, see below;
- Data on the physical or biological characteristics of your hair (such as hair colour) or your lifestyle (such as treatment, hair care).
Our processing of your personal data
We may process your personal data for the purposes described to you in our collection forms, during account creation or when communicating with our departments; your personal data is collected mainly for the following purposes:
- - Your information about our products – To communicate with you
If you have given your consent or if you are a VELECTA PARAMOUNT customer, we may use your personal data to send you information about our products, promotional offers and newsletters using your personal data.
We may also process your personal data in order to send you (by email or telephone) all the information about your order and its execution, your invoices and contractual documents, to honour our legal obligations and provide after-sales service, to establish your customer history and, more generally, to manage our customer relations.
- - Your orders and our customer follow-up
We use your personal data for the purposes of completing your orders, making deliveries, editing and sending your invoices, operating our after-sales service and fulfilling our legal obligations, particularly with regards to warranties and withdrawals as the case may be; we will also use your personal data in order to compile your customer history (previous orders, incidents, etc.)
- - Your payments
Your bank details (associated with a natural person) are used for the purposes of paying your orders; they are collected by our provider: CREDIT AGRICOLE, which guarantees the complete confidentiality of your banking data.
- - Protection against fraudulent initiatives
Personal data collected may be used to fight fraud, particularly in relation to payments and bank withdrawals. For this reason, our payment security providers may become recipients of this data.
- - Targeted advertising
We may use your personal data to target advertising on our website or partner advertisements by combining it with other data (such as browsing data) in order to send you promotional messages based on your interests.
- Customer statistics and surveys
Some data may be used for statistical purposes, including evaluating your level of satisfaction and improving our products, or even measuring use of our website www.velecta-paramount.com. All personal data will be kept anonymous for this purpose.
The basis for the processing of your personal data by VELECTA PARAMOUNT
In accordance with the regulations, VELECTA PARAMOUNT may process your personal data based on one of the following grounds:
- Your consent to the processing of your personal data by us: you agree to the processing of your personal data by means of express consent (box ticked, click on "acceptance" or “validation” etc.). You may withdraw this consent at any time as described below; or
- The existence of a contract between you and VELECTA PARAMOUNT (orders, validation of General Conditions of Sale etc.), in which case the processing of personal data is justified by contract performance requirements (delivery, customer follow-up and after-sales service, payments, invoicing etc.); or
- VELECTA PARAMOUNT’s legitimate interest in the processing of your personal data as long as this proportionate interest respects your fundamental rights and your privacy; or
- The law or regulations in force when they require VELECTA PARAMOUNT to process your personal data.
How and how long we keep your personal data
Within Velecta Paramount, your personal data will be managed as part of a three-stage process:
-- - - An active phase when the data is kept for the time indicated below in an “active” database: your personal data may then be accessed only by those of our employees who have an operational need to access it in order to carry out the authorised processing;
- An archiving phase (for an additional duration to the time it is stored in the “active” database) when justified by a legitimate reason: your personal data is then archived with restricted access and for a limited period of time.
- A deletion or de-identification phase: at the end of the additional archiving period and within the timeframes indicated below, your personal data is deleted or de-identified (so that it can no longer constitute personally identifiable information about you).
Below are the retention periods applicable to your personal data held by VELECTA PARAMOUNT:
We are likely to have recourse to various personal data collection systems, in particular using cookies installed on our website for which your consent is requested; the following cookies may be involved:
- - cookies necessary for optimum use of the website,
- - performance cookies (allowing us to analyse website statistics and traffic levels) and functional cookies which collect information about your use of the website and allow us to customise our offers,
- - third party cookies, to target advertisements likely to interest you according to your detected areas of interest (issuing and processing of these cookies is governed by the policies of the third parties, not by VELECTA PARAMOUNT),
- - analytics cookies, which allow us to understand and analyse your navigation on our website and your path before you access our website in order to distinguish between visitors.
We may also issue third-party cookies that allow content on our website to be shared with third parties or tools to express your appreciation (e.g. “Like” on social media); you may then potentially be identified by the social network, which will be able to follow your navigation. It is your responsibility to inform yourself regarding their confidentiality and cookie management policy, as VELECTA PARAMOUNT is not involved in these tools.
Withdrawing your consent to the collection or processing of your personal data
You can withdraw your consent for the collection of your personal data by writing to our DPO by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by post at the address provided at the beginning of this policy, mentioning your surname, first name, email address and postal address and the subject and nature of your withdrawal request in clear terms.
You may also send us any comments regarding your personal data, as VELECTA PARAMOUNT is particularly vigilant about respecting your rights.
You can revoke your consent to third-party cookies directly by setting your browser to prevent their installation.
You may exercise your rights of access, rectification, deletion, objection, restriction and portability by sending an email to email@example.com, or by posting a letter to the following address: VELECTA PARAMOUNT® – Délégué à la Protection des données personnelles – ZAC DE LA GRANGE – 41200 ROMORANTIN-LANTHENAY – FRANCE, indicating your surname, first name, address and email address (and customer references if applicable) as well as the subject of your request in clear and legible terms. In order for VELECTA PARAMOUNT to ensure that the request is being made by the person concerned by the personal data, we ask that you also send a copy of an identity document with your request. VELECTA PARAMOUNT undertakes to respond to your verified request within one month of receipt.
If you encounter any difficulties, contact our Data Protection Officer directly by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact the French Data Protection Authority (CNIL).
Subcontractors and partners of Velecta Paramount
VELECTA PARAMOUNT may pass on your personal data to subcontractors who provide services involving the processing of your data and in compliance with the purposes detailed herein; VELECTA PARAMOUNT’s subcontractors must handle your personal data with the same level of confidentiality as VELECTA PARAMOUNT and must undertake to comply fully with the regulations on personal data, and in particular with GDPR.
suscribe to our newsletter